You know I’m celebrating my SEVEN YEAR STITCH this year, but this month I thought I’d share 7 things you don’t know about me and Whimzie Quiltz.
1. Although she doesn’t quilt, my mom is the one who taught me how to sew. I still have the first thing I ever made – a red polyester apron
2. If I had to do it all over again, I’d choose a different company name! Spelling Whimzie Quiltz with a “z” sure confu-z-es online search engines
3. When he agreed to go fabric shopping with me, I knew my boyfriend at the time was husband material (get it? – husband material, tee hee) – now he’s more well known at local quilt shops than I am
4. I collect pincushions, but the biggest one doesn’t fit in my display case – it’s actually the back wall of my quilt studio! I padded one whole wall with felt and foam so I can pin quilt blocks up as I work with them
5. Those annual thank you gifts to WQ customers were inspired by Amazon.com. In the late 90s, back when they sold only books, Amazon sent travel coffee mugs to customers at the end of every year (I got two!)
6. In addition to http://www.whimziequiltz.com and my 2 Etsy stores, I hope to eventually offer my own line of patterns called “WQ2Do”
7. Over the past 7 years, I’ve created 125+ custom quilts – if they were laid on top of each other, the stack would be almost as high as a bar stool, and spread out they’d carpet an entire 4 bedroom, 3 bath house!